Review for Casa Serena

Interesting, strictly private course, former venue of European Senior Tour, but without the penalizing links-like golden, waist-high rough, which challenged the Seniors so much when played back in 2008-2011. If I say private, I really mean PRIVATE. You need an invitation, and then pay penalizing €200+ green fee (more than twice than the next most Casa Serena Golf Course - Photo by reviewerexpensive course in the Czech Republic…), and you can enjoy it! Good news, breakfast, some beverage and snack for the course, and lunch after the round (one beer included) are part of the package, so you did not pay for nothing. Free balls ready in pyramids on the range, if you want to warm up first. I played the course twice in 2015, and it was really PRIVATE place on these days, as once there was one another flight on the course, and during my second visit (high summer) I was the only player on the course that day. Course was in great condition, manicured fairways, with reasonable penalizing rough. Greens were a slow, clearly not mowed in the last one or two days. A real “ghost course”. But great place if you want enjoy quiet round on your own (and the funds are not an issue for you), otherwise it is not value for money at all. For me solid in Top 20 courses in the Czech Republic, but by far not #1.

Date: January 20, 2016