The club stated out as Cedar Brook Golf and Country Club in 1922 and its original course was a Stanley Thompson design which was laid out in nearby Scarborough. In 1939, the club changed its name to Cedar Brae and the following year it hosted the Canadian PGA Championship, with Stan Leonard winning the first of his eight titles in that event.
Shortly after World War II the property was sold for housing development and a new course was built in the mid-1950s before the club moved again then finally settled at its current location in 1969 with a Robbie Robinson-designed 18-hole layout. Doug Carrick carried out some work early in the new millennium then Ian Andrew was engaged as the club’s consultant architect in 2011.
Today, the course extends to 6,675 yards, with holes set on either side of the Rouge River which runs through the property, arranged in two returning nines. Highlight holes include the 549-yard 7th and 564-yard 17th (rated the two toughest par fives on the card), where both fairways run in parallel across the river to greens located in the northeast corner of the property.