Review for Celtic Manor (Twenty Ten)

A much under-valued course in my opinion and tainted by over expectation.

To me this is one of those courses that because of its reputation as a ryder cup course, leaves some people expecting amazing and therefore give a slightly skewed review when it doesn't meet their expectation. To me its a very well laid out course and if you didn't know its history and turned up one day out of the blue , you would most likely give it a better review that most seem to.

Unfortunately for a large part of the year the course is very very wet and I have even lost balls in the fairway, but despite this I really love this course.

Standout holes for me are a great par 3 third, dogleg over water 6th , par 5 11th , par 3 13th , drivable par 4 15th and then an amazing risk reward 18th hole.

So in a nutshell if you arrive expecting a really good course you will have a great day, if you expect truly world class it doesn't quite meet the mark and you might be disappointed. Nevertheless in my opinion in dry conditions its miles ahead of any other parkland course in wales, and for enjoyability factor gives the links course a good run for their money when its dry.

Date: November 22, 2020

Read all reviews about Celtic Manor (Twenty Ten)