Review for Celtic Manor (Twenty Ten)

I visited the 2010 course at Celtic Manor so exited that I couldn't sleep for 2 days beforehand! I was not let down! We arrived at the wrong clubhouse the lodge by accident and the concierge was so pleasant and organised that we had transportation in 3 minutes to take us down to the 2010 clubhouse. Then having arrived we were greeted as Sir, Gentleman, etc, but not in a too formal fashion, it felt welcoming. The Clubhouse itself is fantastic however be aware it is expensive! The course however was brilliant. We were told by the starter that the course had undergone a lot of work and we should be wary that in places it was in poor condition… far from it! There were about three new bunkers which were nearly healed and about three fairways had undergone work but they too were playable and all the greens were in good condition. A brilliant course with many excellent holes (3,5,6,9,11,12,13,14,15,18) my favourites. Only the 4th and 8th were average! Well worth a visit but I would advise high handicappers to think twice before challenging the 2010 and should maybe try the Montgomerie or the Roman Road.

Date: April 06, 2009

Read all reviews about Celtic Manor (Twenty Ten)