The Munster town of Charleville – named after King Charles II – was founded in 1661. It is situated in the foothills of the Ballyhoura Mountains, in the heart of the fertile Golden Vale and is famed for its dairy produce, and in particular, its cheese products.
Charleville Golf Club was formed in 1909 and members have played at its current location since 1941. They have twenty seven holes over which to play as a 9-hole, 3,451-yard East course (with one par three and one par five) has been added to the 6,467 yard, par 71 West course.
Both parkland courses are kept in excellent condition with holes routed through heavily wooded terrain. Tees are maintained in pristine order, fairways are lush and greens run true and fast.