Review for Clearwater Sanctuary (Raintree & Lakes)

This is an impressive layout in a wonderful setting but when I played here in early January 2017 it was one step away from reverting back to jungle. Perhaps the course was being maintained properly a month or so before we played but it was in appalling condition in January. Tee boxes hadn’t been mown for weeks, fairways were long and shaggy where we spent ages simply looking for our balls, the greens were slightly better but each putt needed a full shoulder turn to get to the hole and you had to hope the bumps didn’t knock the ball sideways. The bunkers were absolutely dreadful and hadn’t been maintained for weeks, they were simply unplayable sand pits with holes and mounds of sand throughout with no sign of any rakes – the bunker edges and surrounds were truly shocking with virtually impenetrable rough. Once upon a time this may have been a great course and perhaps one of the best in Malaysia, but now it’s a mere shadow of its former self. I’d try and check out the situation before planning to play here, there are plenty of much better golfing options available in Malaysia. This was the worst conditioned golf course I’ve ever played.

Date: April 30, 2017

Read all reviews about Clearwater Sanctuary (Raintree & Lakes)