Club at Rock Creek - Idaho - USA

24623 South Loffs Bay Road,
Coeur d’Alene,
Idaho (ID) 83814,

• 37 miles SE of Spokane, via the I-90 and US-95 highways

• Members and their guests only

• Kyle Capps

• Tom Weiskopf

• George Mann

The gated golf community at Rock Creek lies on bluffs overlooking Lake Coeur d’Alene, where residents also enjoy outdoor pursuits such as sailing, fishing and cycling. Of course, golf is the number one participation sport here, with members having the pleasure of playing a Tom Weiskopf designed track that first opened for members in 2012.

Originally intended as a second course for Black Rock, which is situated next door, the layout was co-purchased by businessman Bill Foley (who also owns Rock Creek Cattle Company in Montana) when the project ran into financial difficulties, giving him the chance to step in and rescue the development.

The front nine is laid out on open terrain, with the back nine carved out from a forested landscape. Both nines are beautifully routed – and indeed they had to be, as the course occupies a rather difficult, steeply sloping site that can be walked but is best tackled by buggy. Weiskopf certainly had to employ all his mountain course design skills with this project.

A trio of highlight holes arrives early on: the downhill par three 2nd plays to a tough, two-tiered green and the uphill par four 3rd starts with a blind tee shot and ends at a raised green. The signature par three 5th then plunges 100 feet down towards a double green, where the player with the honour decides which putting surface is in play.

When asked about the course, Tom Weiskopf was quoted as saying: “The rugged, natural beauty of the Lake Coeur d’Alene countryside had me at hello. I’ve been designing golf courses for a long time and I’m particular about the projects I choose. I was thrilled to take part in creating The Club at Rock Creek, and I’m exceptionally proud of the results.”

Reviews for Club at Rock Creek

We have no user reviews for this course yet, submit yours and be the first!