Review for CommonGround

In my effort to play any Doak course that I find myself near, Commonground is located in east Denver, about an hour’s drive for me. A chilly and at times windy day in the spring led to classic early season conditions, with a lot of the grass still brown from the winter and lots of roll on tee shots. The greens, however, were already in excellent shape. This was the highlight of the course for me - huge, slippery greens that dramatically changed the hole depending on placement. Cleverly guarded by bunkers, funnels for fun pin positions, and fast speeds, they were an enjoyable challenge.

Highlight holes: #4, #5, #8, #10, #17, #18

A friend I was playing with said the course began to run together for him, but it says a lot in my mind that, despite having played the course once a month ago, I still remember every hole. I think is primarily due to the green complexes. I wish I lived closer - I would play this course a lot and look forward to my next visit. I haven’t played many of the more famous courses in Denver, but this is among my favorites.

Date: April 25, 2022