Review for Conwy

After reading all the recent reviews of Conwy I am left wondering whether I have played the right course. If this is the 6th best course in Wales I am not sure I will bother visiting the ones below it. I will say that I didn't have the best knock I've ever had but I thought this course was only average. My playing partner and I could not get over how scabby the fairways and the tee boxes were with what looked like a few weeks worth of un-tended divot marks. I also thought the first 9 was dare I say it...... A bit boring. I did think that the back 9 were much better looked after and much more interesting. I have been spoilt recently playing both Carnoustie and Trump but have also played the likes of Silloth and Stonehaven and really don't think that Conwy comes close, perhaps we had been spoilt by playing Delamere Forest the day before I don't know. I do not wish to offend but will not be rushing back to this very average course the only thing going for it were the greens which were very good condition and the sandwiches after the round.

Date: August 10, 2013