Coolangatta & Tweed Heads (West) - New South Wales - Australia

Coolangatta & Tweed Heads Golf Club,
Soorley Street,
Tweed Heads South,
New South Wales 2486,
Australia


  • +61 (0) 7 5524 4544

  • Brett Holland

  • Members, Geoff and Ted Parslow, Richard Chamberlain, Graham Papworth

  • Jared Love

Founded in 1927 on Crown Land where the Gold Coast Airport is now located, Collangatta & Tweed Heads Golf Club moved to its present location on the west side of the River Tweed in 1936, with members having use of an initial 9-hole layout.

Construction of the original course and various additions down the years were carried out by club members and volunteers, though life member Alf Rush is credited with a lot of the work over many of the early years.

Geoff and Ted Parslow presented a masterplan in the 1980s which resulted in many changes and Graham Papworth was involved when part of the West course was redeveloped in 1995.

Richard Chamberlain oversaw a course improvement plan in 2015 (which brought about the removal of many bunkers and trees) and Graham Papworth assisted with the redesign of the West greens in 2017 /2018 when they were converted to TifEagle Bermuda grass.

If the above article is inaccurate, please let us know by clicking here

Write a review

Reviews for Coolangatta & Tweed Heads (West)

Average Reviewers Score:
TaylorMade