Review for Cornelia (Prince)

I played Cornelia in March 2011 with my team-mates on a trip to Belek. The piece of land is awesome, really beautiful pine trees give the course a much more mature look than it actually is (opened in 2006). Designwise Faldo did a very good job, the course is demanding and the architecture fits well to the land. Especially the Par 3's are strikingly beautiful. Unfortunately the greens were a disappointment. They do not look bad, but as a previous review states: "concrete hard but tee box slow.." I couldn't have said it more suitable, very strange and of course this tempered our delight. (the Sultan course for example had perfect greens the same week) Usually I like to walk a golf course, but in Cornelia a buggy might be a good idea. However be careful with the staff, we only rented trolleys for the day, which some staff guys pushed rudely in front of our feet, while they were apparently swearing at us, impudent behaviour for no comprehensible reason, I just didn't understand that. Having said that, the course is too good to look back in anger. With better greens it should get 6 balls.

Date: February 14, 2012

Read all reviews about Cornelia (Prince)