Located next to the meandering waters of the Murray River, Corowa Golf Club started out in 1903 with a rudimentary 9-hole sand scrape course which was laid out on the site of where the Corowa High School now stands.
The club didn’t last long there, moving to Bangerang Park the following year and remaining on that property until 1928, when it relocated to Corowa Common. Al Howard re-designed the layout in 1955, with irrigation for grass greens and tees following a year later.
Another nine holes were added on the west side of the property in 1979 before a 35-room motel was added in 1992, making stay-and-play for visiting golfers a reality. Ever progressive for a provincial club, Corowa added a 58-seat boutique cinema to its list of attractions in 2018.