Review for Cruden Bay (Championship)

Could well be the best course I have ever played. I love dunes, views, quirkiness, blind shots and Cruden Bay has them in abundance. A few weeks prior to playing I had a game at Felixstowe Ferry and I mentioned I was going to have a game at CB to the pro shop bloke. He said the best thing about the course was the views as the course is only average. Wow, what rubbish. No weak holes at all and some very special holes…the 4th hole from the back tees is just wonderful to look at. As you walk along the path and look down on the rippling fairway then it’s just jaw dropping. The views up on the 9th tee over the whole course…wow, the views from the clubhouse were great, the 9 hole course, St Olaf, although played over the interior flat ground was still a great little links course perfect for a warm up if you decided to not yet drink the local drop given over with the scorecard. A marvellous course in great condition and worth 100 pounds easily. Becomes my 3rd 6 baller along with St Andrews Old and Western Gailes and the pick of the courses in the dozen I played in and around Aberdeenshire in a week of golf in July 2015.

Date: August 05, 2015

Read all reviews about Cruden Bay (Championship)