Review for Des Moines (North)

I was lucky to get an opportunity to come play 36 holes at Des Moines Golf and Country Club recently and thoroughly enjoyed the day. First thing to mention is that the club has around 830 members and you instantly feel this with the very large parking lot and the amount of people you see around the property. Either due to this, or maybe because of this, the club is run like a well oiled machine and feels a little bit like a "factory of golf".

We played the South Course first, which is a great course in its own right, but is less interesting in my opinion. We then played the North Course in the afternoon, and after starting with a few "boring" holes, the course really opened itself up to us towards the end of the front nine and then basically from the 7th hole onwards provides great hole after great hole after great hole. My favorite stretch of holes is 7-8-9-10-11-12 as they use the natural undulation of the property and some small lakes very well to provide really high quality strategic holes.

Everything about Des Moines Golf and Country Club is class and quality and definitely worth the visit.

Date: July 27, 2021

Read all reviews about Des Moines (North)