Review for Dubai Creek

One of the truly great conditioned courses that I have played. Hardly a blade of grass out of place and for me the best greens in Dubai. Dubai Creek is unlike the Emirates Club; the Creek’s targeted audiences are visitors and at the Emirates, a thriving membership is evident to the tune of over 1000. The course if I am honest sits highly on my list of played courses on the Top 100 website, of which I have played over 200 – this slots in easily within my top 30 and manicured courses and not normally my choice. All fairways are like carpet, bunkering imaginative and holes that have plenty of variation that are joy to play. Lots of good holes early on, like the par-4 6th with the tee box on stilts within the Creek. Here the drive is a thrill and finding the fairway over the water is a brilliant feeling. The 10th is a high class par-5 where premium is on accuracy. The course ends in style with the 17th and 18th par-4’s straight from the very top drawer. Both hugging the Creek to the left and a thrill to play. The last 30 minutes or so on this course playing those two holes must feature in my favorite times on a golf course. Off course attention is of a high class too – the clubhouse in the famous sail shape, the restaurants and the ambience is just quality. Highly recommended.

Date: January 29, 2008