Review for Dundonald

I played Dundonald on the day of the Royal Wedding, being one of the first out on the course.The fairways were running firm as I sent an approach shot to the lower tier of the 1st green. Unfortunately the pin was cut on the upper section, and I found these elevation-cahnge greens tricky and difficult to judge. A bogey was the inevitable result. This did not dampen my enthusiasm for a really well-kept course, and I remedied my score by parring the 2nd. The choice of tees is geared to suit eery levfle of player, and the design of each hole looks superb from the blues.Strategy and caution are both required on many holes, with bunker placements and small burns guarding the fronts of most greens. The closing four holes is as good as you could wish for on a relatively new links course. I parred the long 14th and also the beautiful 16th hole, flanked by dunes, pines and the railway. The closing hole is a real grandstand finish to a tricky green. I came in one under par and delighted with a great day out on Dundonald. The courtesy and friendliness of the starter is worthy of the best Scottish courses, and the rest of the staff are also a credit to Dundonald Links!

Date: May 08, 2011