Review for East Renfrewshire

If you favour moorland golf then it is impossible not to enjoy a round of golf here. A fairly short but demanding course that makes you think about every shot. Expect to find the ball below and above your feet on every other lie and ensure that you prepare with every club in your bag as you will probably use them all at some stage. Interesting usage of water hazards really makes you think about club selection from both the Tee and fairway. Playing in late May I found the course to be in immaculate condition with true greens. I did however struggle to concentrate on the green as I often found myself all too intrigued with the next hole. Spectacular views combined with good fresh air provide a captivating afternoons golf. Dismiss previously comments regarding fees. £45 for a weekend round (at peak season) is more than acceptable for a course of this stature. I talked briefly to the club captain and Pro and my only criticism would be that there is an air of aloofness about the place with personnel being very dismissive about other clubs. Nothing malicious, but born of pride for the love of their club. I imagine that East Ren would be perfect preparation if your are intending to play Gleneagles.

Date: June 18, 2010