Review for Fairfield Glade (Stonehenge)

I have played Stonehenge many times over the years. The course has been rated as high as the top 5-10 in the state, but I think the current ranking of 18th on this website is probably correct. Over the years, the course has narrowed as tree growth has occurred, and to me, the course has become less enjoyable to play. Besides the tight driving lines, the course is marked by very soft fairways, small greens, and tenacious fescue rough immediately next to all the greens. The soft fairways often yield beaver-sized pelts for divots.

There are several good holes at Stonehenge but several inferior designs. The par 4 fourth is an awkward sharp dog-leg par 4 where it is challenging to choose an appropriate line off the tee. The two holes around the lake, the precipitous downhill par 3 13th, is really just too severe and constrained. The par 5 14th essentially requires a layup off the tee, then the rest of the hole plays straight uphill. These holes have just never appealed to me.

Overall, Stonehenge is a decent place to play, but I'm sure that several of the holes will leave you scratching your head. I live about an hour away, but I wouldn't make the trip to play unless it was to meet someone who wanted to play there.

Date: June 18, 2021

Read all reviews about Fairfield Glade (Stonehenge)