Review for Falkenberg (18-hole)

Pleasant return to Falkenberg, a couple of years since I last played it but still remembered the course fondly. I was eager to see the results of the ongoing improvement program, and I wasn't disappointed. The upgraded 4,7 and 18th hole plays and looks consistent with the rest of the Falkenberg Golf Course - Photo by reviewercourse, and bodes well for the future improvements. I particularly liked the 4th, visually very pretty with the crossing brook and the nifty stone bridges, the new style of greenbunker lurks in the distance and help create interesting lines of play. The rest of the course, well, Falkenberg is fairly wide, but there are a few quite tricky doglegged holes and the fairways are lined with lovely trees, and it always amazes me how the relatively few trees has the ability to end up just in front of my next shot. Had a couple of minging drives, and for some mysterious reason I had to contend with shooting over, under or around a lone tree, maybe that's the secret of Falkenberg, be straight and enjoy the variations in lines of play, or, enjoy the challenge of the recovery magic that will be required, maybe it is the trees that are well placed?

Date: May 05, 2015

Read all reviews about Falkenberg (18-hole)