Review for Ferndown (Old)

Firstly, I want to say that Ferndown golf club may be home to some of the fastest greens I have ever played on in my life. The course condition is immaculate and the greens truly are levels above any others that I have putted on before. They are very undulated so putting on them is tricky but then again, that makes it all the more enjoyable.

The course itself is spectacular, beautiful heathland golf course which looks lovely from hole 1. You ease into the golf course with a relatively short par 4 to begin with, however the 2nd hole is a 180 yard par 3 which requires an accurate shot to find the green. The favourite hole for me would have to be the 14th which is a beautiful looking par 3, not too long, but surrounded by bunkers and a tricky up and down if the green is missed.

Ferndown truly is an awesome golf course which is kept in top notch condition, definitely worth every penny you pay to play this golf course. I’m tempted to give it 5 1/2 but there is just something about it which puts it in brackets below the likes of swinley, west sussex, alwoodley or woking. Still a top top golf course though, one of my favourites for sure!

Date: May 31, 2019

Read all reviews about Ferndown (Old)