Review for Franciacorta (Brut & Saten)

I have to admit, I was a little bit disappointed. Franciacorta was my first Pete Dye design and I expected a little more from that. Well, the site is nice but not spectacular and the best course designer cannot make the aforementioned high voltage electric line vanish. Unfortunately we played the Rosé loop first, which is clearly inferior to the other 2 loops. I would go as far as to say, that this cannot be Pete Dye. Starting with a par 3, the second long par 4 second has water to the right. The par 5 hole no. 3 is quite decent, but the there are two forgettable short par 4s and two medium length par3s. The dogleg hole no. 9 leaves you after a short first shot with an awkward long second one.

The Brut and Saten loops with the nice holes around the lake are much more interesting with some quality holes and some thrill due to the water. The conditioning was good, although the bunkers were mostly hard as concrete with too little sand in it. But I have experienced that before on Italian courses. Don't they have enough sand there? All in all the ranking does the course justice, as I said, I just expected a little more.

Date: April 20, 2017

Read all reviews about Franciacorta (Brut & Saten)