Review for Gamble Sands

The course is very strategic, plays fast and firm, and is loads of fun to play. After the round, I was wishing I could play again after struggling the first round despite striking the ball very well. I found myself falling into the traps designed by the course architect and turning birdie opportunities into bogies. Given another round, I think I would put the ball in better spots around the course and use the slopes around the greens to get the ball close. I highly recommend getting the yardage book and using the tips listed. A few memorable holes from the round:

1 - The opening dogleg left par 4 immediately shows the strategy it takes to play Gamble Sands. A drive down the left leaves you with a blind approach over a dune while an approach from the left side of the fairway opens up the green and gives you a look at the flag.

6 - A 260 yard par 3 from the back tees that plays way shorter. Any ball right and short of the green will use a giant slope to feed the ball onto the green. Trust the yardage book and aim well right of the green.

13 - A reachable par 5 that features a blind approach shot into a large punch bowl green.

Date: July 05, 2020