Review for Ganton

Wow...amazing...what a course!! I played GANTON last week on Tue afternoon. After an early finish at work I managed to get there by quarter to five which meant I only paid a £45 green fee. Amazing value. This is a genuinely wonderful course. Challenging, requires a well through strategy, and incredibly beautiful. I just loved it, and I was playing on my own in a constant drizzle. So the conditions weren't conducive to the fantastic experience I was lucky enough to enjoy. There are only a few clubs that I have left anf thought that i would love to live nearby in retirement: Ganton has just joined the list which includes Rye, Porthcawl and Dornoch it is a pretty special list in my mind and this special club deserves its place. There are a number of stand out holes for me: 7, 10, 15, 16 and 18. The course condition is top notch although, spoiled as I am at my club, I thought the greens were somewhat slow although none the less very true. It is worth the trek across the country to play here. You will absolutely not regret it!!

Date: July 07, 2012