Review for Glasgow (Gailes Links)

I recently played GG on 1st October and I was mightily impressed by everything about the club and the course. From the practice facilities to the magnificent Victorian clubhouse, you can tell immediately that this is a club which takes its golf very seriously. We played off the white tees, which are probably similar yardage to summer yellow tees and I'm glad we did, as it's not a long course. But what it lacks in length, it makes up for in design: nearly every green is saucer-shaped and although it's quite easy to hit the green, getting close to the pin is never a given. And the bunkers! My partner and I played greensomes in the afternoon and between us we managed to find 10 bunkers; fortunately these weren't all huge potholes, but neither were they a pushover. In summary, this is clearly a members' club which is proud of its history and is welcoming to visitors, providing they aren't too rubbish, or too slow. For my money, it compared well with Western Gailes next door and is superior to Dundonald Links.

Date: October 06, 2020

Read all reviews about Glasgow (Gailes Links)