Review for Glenbervie

I set out and played the course in the summer of 2020 and found the course in great condition. Definitely one of the best parkland courses I have played in recent years. The fairways and rough were very lush and the greens, although relatively small by modern standards, actually allowed for various pins and provided considerable undulations to challenge. The green fee was very reasonable and although busy the groups got around quickly.

There were a few stand out holes for me, the 4th was a great, short par 3. The 9th was a fearsome par 4 into the wind, with the tee shot having to overcome the hill and land on or near the top. The 13th was a long and challenging par 3 which I liked as well.

Overall the green keeping was spot on, with a very well presented course. The course provided a good challenge, especially through the earlier dog leg holes. The greens were tricky but recent rains had left them very soft, which made them easier to fight against. Although soft, they were still rolling fast.

I didn't get the best of the club as a whole with the COVID restrictions, however, judging by the volume of members and the happy feel, I am sure when open the clubhouse is a great place to enjoy a meal.

Date: August 07, 2020