Review for Gleneagles (Queen's)

What a fantastic little golf course. Even though it measures under 6000 yards it certainly didn’t feel short, although the lack of run may have had something to do with that.

There are so many good holes here. I loved 4, 6, 7 with its infinity green, 9 back up the hill, 10 to the punch bowl green. 12 for me was the best hole on the course. A semi blind tee shot, you can either lay back and leave a long shot that plays quite significantly down hill or take on a blind drive into a narrow passageway and bundle on down the hill leaving a shorter approach. The green on 14 is great, especially with the pin being perilously close to the ridge when I played it. Then you come to the 17th. I don’t normally like par 3s over 200 yards but this I can make an exception too. A massive chasm to the right, an incredibly narrow green sitting in a little bowl. What a hole!

For me it’s the best course at Gleneagles and arguably the best inland course in the country. Absolutely loved it despite playing rancidly rotten which is always the sign of a good course for me!

Date: October 17, 2020

Read all reviews about Gleneagles (Queen's)