Review for Gokarna Forest

I stayed at the Gokarna Forest Resort as part of a twin trip that included Dubai in May last year and loved every Nepalese moment. Gokarna is a different world compared to the polluted Kathmandu which is a vibrant and noisy sensory overload. Here it’s an oasis of calm and tranquillity, in fact I think I was as close to feeling Zen here than at any other golf resort I’ve visited across the world. The course is quiet, in fact I was the only person on it for the three separate rounds I played. It’s also incredibly cheap at around $45 per round which includes buggy, caddie and a sort of random fore-caddie. The course was nicely presented, although not quite the same in condition terms as the courses in Dubai. But a full round will take you about 2.5 hours max as you’ll have the course to yourself. Design wise I thought it was pretty good for a resort course and it certainly held my attention. I did find myself in a slightly strange state of mind here in Nepal. It was rather surreal as each day drifted away. I’d stay here again but for longer next time. It’s the ultimate chillax resort.

Date: January 15, 2012