Review for Goodwood (Downs)

Our Society played Downs course yesterday on the hottest day of the year, and loved the exceptional club house, parks and views of the surrounding chalk down land, Chichester, Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight. A truly beautiful part of England at its loveliest.I had heard it was a tough walk but routinely discount it when the course turns out to be undulating. I would strongly suggest don't carry on this course ! The buggies are cool convertibles, there is race track kerbing on the buggy path, and some of the green to tee route marches would be much better experienced from behind the wheel, much though I dislike buggy golf. The course is nice, good condition, and if you can keep your card going after the turn you will score well.14 and 15 on a hot day felt gruelling, long uphill past 4s. I was delighted with bogies. All this adds up to a slow course, 4.5 hours being expected playing time. After the round the classy changing rooms and showers with big fluffy towels were very welcome. We really enjoyed our post round beers in the attractive garden with great staff, but I would suggest bottled beer !

Date: May 27, 2017

Read all reviews about Goodwood (Downs)