Review for Grantown-on-Spey

The fishing on the Spey wasn't good so I took myself off to Grantown on Spey GC for a quick round.WOW, what an absolute gem of a course, possibly the best manicured course I have played recently and I have played some scabby ones (Conwy) I guess the only reason it is not better ranked or rated is because of its length being only 5400-ish off the yellows. Very friendly staff on arrival and at £29 who could argue. The course breaks you in gently with a short par 4 followed by a few straight forward holes before it transports you to the 7th, 8th, 9th 10th, 11th and 12th, I say transports as you could be at Woburn or St Georges Hill as you travel through the tall pine trees. then releasing you on to a parkland to finish your round. Its not a hard course and I scored very well but it can be challenging in the middle and the downhill 7th & 9th are worth a photo down towards the green.If you are in this area its a must play, don't even get me started on how and true good the greens were. As I have said before I am not one for re-visiting courses but I WILL definitely be returning here.

Date: August 28, 2013