Review for The Grove

One thing The Grove never disappoints on is its condition and standards of service, some of tee boxes are like greens! I played there on a warm sunny October afternoon, despite heavy rain the day before the course was in perfect condition with lush fairways and in spite of the hot and dry summer there was little evidence of any course damage. The Grove Golf Course - Photo by reviewer The course is set over some fairly mundane ground but keeps it interesting with rolling fairways and elevated green complexes, don’t expect a flat stance on too many shots. It’s pretty generous from the tee, the courses main defence being well designed greens and run off areas that will punish shots that land in the wrong place. I played from the silver tees (6,700 yards) which made most the par 4’s close to or more than 400 years, expect to be using long to mid irons for many of your approaches unless you're a really big hitter. The greens were fastest I’ve played all year and very true, a real pleasure to play on.

However having played it 4 times now there are very few holes that I remember, it’s also course designed around buggies and the path’s are far too close to the fairways in too many places, on a couple of couple holes slightly wayward approach will land on the path never to be seen again! Personally I don't think it offers great value for money, I’ve always played it on corporate days so not had to pay but I wouldn’t spend my own money when there are better courses for less nearby, overall worth playing if you get a deal or freebie or once to enjoy the great conditioning.

Date: October 09, 2018