Review for Gullane (No.3)

I salute the green staff here at Gullane - They keep all of their courses in fine condition, even through the winter months. The greens were in great shape, and I had a good putting round (27).I was lucky enough to get a glorious afternoon in early March to play Gullane No. 3 course - It is a kind of 'golf heaven' here.The opening hole was safely parred; the short second bogeyed from a bunker, after which I enjoyed peacefully strolling on the springy turf of hole 3 before climbing over the hill to meet a captivating view over the Firth of Forth ( on the 4th).No. 3 is a well laid out course with holes, not too long, that allow golfers to go for the green with their 2nd shots. This proved to be an enjoyable experience for me on a sunny afternoon, as I was able to keep close to par for most of the round. At this time of year the rough here is not too penal, and this allowed a better shot at the target when not on the short stuff.I managed to complete the round in 3hours 15 minutes without being held up, which added to my satisfaction of the day.The clubhouse and bar staff could not have been more helpful and courteous towards a visitor, and the indoor and practice facilities were both excellent. I will definitely return to this venue and heartily recommend it to others.

Date: March 06, 2015

Read all reviews about Gullane (No.3)