Review for Haig Point (Rees Jones Signature)

Haig Point is a unique experience which I'm glad I got to have. You must ferry out to the island. You are greeted at both sides of the ferry by engaging people. With it being on a small island with no autos one expects holes which encounter the sea and look for glorious views along the water. Predominantly those outcomes don't happen. The course is really nice but it is like so many others which are in the low country of SC. They do have 20 holes with two of the par 3's offering either a forced carry challenge or an easier alternative. Those two holes offer what they call the two different courses. We played all 4 of these par 3's as the day we were there the course was fairly wide open.

It is a challenging and a well maintained club. It's just not what you expect. After playing the first 5 holes, I started to wonder if we would ever get a glimpse of the water. The course is pretty much dead flat also. It is lovely and a great challenge. You just expect something different. Having played Fishers Island a few times which also requires a ride on a ferry to play....That's kinda what I thought I'd encounter. I would find it quite difficult to be stationed on an island with only this course for my golfing pursuits.....

Date: October 06, 2020

Read all reviews about Haig Point (Rees Jones Signature)