Review for Hankley Common

This was my first visit to Hankley Common which considering I have played pretty much every course in Surrey it seems a bit odd that I have waited this long to play such a prestigious course. The layout is excellent with a good mixture of holes although the majority of tee shots favour a right to left ball flight. I also liked the flow of the course with short and long par 3’s and par 4’s alongside the par 5 holes which you can reach with two good shots. I cannot think of any weak holes at Hankley but I am a sucker for short risk and reward par 4 so for me the 4th and 15th are my pick of holes alongside the par 3 8th which is an excellent par 3. One thing that stands out is the sense of space and that you hear little or no traffic noise. The fairways are pretty flat which is fine and I would like to see more bunkering which would add a little strategy from the tee. The greens are very good although reading them is an art due to their subtlety. All in all its a top course and I cannot wait to return.

Date: October 02, 2020