Review for Highland Park

It has been 11 years since the last time I had played this course and a lot has changed, even in my way of approaching golf courses and how they are analyzed. It is sometimes tough to be honest and political at the same time, but when rating a course honesty should go first.

There is nothing truly wrong with this Highland Park Golf Course - Photo by reviewer course, it is just I feel it has real potential. It is true they have invested money and improved the irrigation system plus having pure Tifway 419 on every fairway plus all greens re constructed with USGA specs which is great for them, but I believe there is a need of re thinking some tee shots and there should be a tree management program.

I played the course twice this past weekend and the course was in very good form, especially fairways and tees plus bunkers, but I felt greens a little too soft and slow, but all the same in very good shape.

The course has swapped loops again back to original design where tough opening hole is the par 4 with OB on the right side and a stream on the ledt part.

Although it has some very Highland Park Golf Course - Photo by reviewer good holes (2-7-9-11-14-16-17), the excess of trees close to the tee boxes takes away the sense of how it was thought. For example 13th has a tree so close that you have to aim almost to the OB on the left. With just a tree management program this minor problem can be solved easily.

The other thing I don’t feel comfortable as a player is the presence of OB on all 18 holes, just too much. But it is a Country Club with houses and this cannot be changed.

Don't get me wrong, most golfers will enjoy and many will say it is a great course, in my opinion it is a good one with room for improvement cleaning trees, re thinking some tee shots and maybe some re bunkering.

Date: May 02, 2019