Review for Jockey Club (Red)

This was my first experience on a MacKenzie course and I could not have asked for a better one because playing along my friend Javier at 8:30 on a Wednesday, with no one else in front, was a real treat.

In a few words I had a great time on the course, for sure there are some greens that are extreme like the 10th hole “The hole with no pars” but as I understand that is the idea of the architect, greens with lots of movements that will force you to use your imagination and allow you more than one way to play the shot.

For me it was especially pleasant because I prefer to use the ground game on my approach shots, and this is a course that at the right angles will enable or ask for that option something that is not very common these days.

I can say that the combination of fewer bunkers and more hills on the green complex was a great experience and I think modern architecture is going back to this style since huge bunkers defending the greens are no longer in fashion and I applaud that.

It´s impossible to end without mentioning the beautiful club house always present in the course where you can have a glimpse of golf history on the portraits of the great players that once shared this course with us.

Enjoy the experience, have fun and salute the great architect MacKenzie that showed us that golf can and should also be fun.

Date: September 27, 2019

Read all reviews about Jockey Club (Red)