Keperra Country Golf Club was founded as Enoggera Golf Club by Captain Robert H. Cottam in 1931 but the club was given its Keppara title nine years later.
By that time, a clubhouse had been constructed and the initial 9-hole course had doubled in size to eighteen holes.
Another nine was added by Ken Berndt and Jon Burley in 1981 to give golfers three 18-hole playing options, though the original Old course is still regarded as the club’s premier layout.
Peter Senior and John Senden learned the game here as junior players before forging successful careers on the professional circuit.
The tee shot on the 460-metre par five 1st hole offers a memorable start to the round, with a generously wide fairway turning right then downhill toward the green.
The front nine is configured with three par threes, three par fours and three par fives, while the back nine is highlighted by the 182-metre 17th, where water and sand combine to protect.