Review for Kiawah Island Resort (Ocean)

What an amazing place. If I could vote this a double albatross I would.From the moment you turn up the place is simply special. The first is a gentle par 4, but that's where the gentleness ends. This course is a brute. When we started there was little wind and the caddies told us that if we kept it in play we could be in for a good score. When the wind started to blow the course really grabs you. Narrow fairways, with scrub bunkers and penal rough. The caddies are right though, keep the ball on the cut grass and you will score well (I did, 74!). The greens are as true as anything I have ever played on. The ONLY downside was the construction work on the new clubhouse. A massive complex which they plan to have ready by middle next year. That said the 'temporary' clubhouse would put many established venues in Europe to shame.As you can probably tell I can't speak highly enough of this venue. A truly memorable experience and one I will never ever forget.If you ever have the chance DO play here. And whilst you're there Osprey Point is pretty impressive.

Date: July 03, 2006

Read all reviews about Kiawah Island Resort (Ocean)