Review for Kings

I played the course in the summer of 2020, the course was in great shape considering its young age and the amount of traffic it had been getting in the COVID era. For a new course in an area that has an abundance of links courses, it is easy to overlook the parkland courses but I think Kings is worthy of a place in the top 100.

The course was relocated, formerly known as Torvean, new road systems required the space and the course moved but managed to hold on to two of the old courses holes, now the 1st and 18th for Kings.

The new holes lie on the hillside below the Scottish Natural Heritage building. Clever routing makes use of the hillside and several holes run alongside the slope and are quite flat. However there are a few that take on the hill and I would certainly say a buggy is worth consideration!

The greens were firm, fast and running true, I assume they were well constructed to modern standards. The course is a fair length but it isn't too penal in the lay out, however as the course matures I am sure it will become tighter.

A good day out and at an excellent green fee. I would visit again but might be persuaded to share a buggy for the climb!

I found the pro-shop and the members to be very friendly and I think they have a great facility.

Date: August 24, 2020