Review for Kingston Heath

this is a very...very good course and I will have to agree that I thought this was better then its more illustrious neighbour Royal Melbourne, It is not however the best in Australia. Each hole is varied and the bunkering is majestorial at times, it isnt especially long and with the rough currently short I feel that it will be at the mercy of tiger and co next month. My golf on the day was akin to that of a blind monkey but I still enjoyed the experience and the various challenges. On the downside, I just feel the condition of the course would have been a touch better in view of the upcoming Masters and the clubhouse is still in the midst of some reconstructive surgery ... comparable to the sort of major work that my own swing requires. The closing holes are excellent, as is the rest of the course but new south wales trumps it by the sheer fact that a world class links, in my opinion will always trump an inland course due to some of the shot making, at times ball breaking decisions that have to be made!

Date: October 06, 2009