Review for Kinloch Club

It was a sunny, cloudy, windy day, the type you want for any time you step on the tee of a links course - and though Kinloch may not be beside the sea, it is one of the most amazing stretches of land on which you cannot help but be transported to golfing heaven. I cannot remember a time when I enjoyed every single hole so much of a new course. It wasn't overly tricked up, the rough was fair enough to find your ball, but a challenge to control from. The bunkering amongst the most artful I have ever seen and the routing of the holes clearly crafted by a golfing genius, oh yes, the one and only Jack Nicklaus! My only regret was that we didt'nt have more time as the manager offered for us to carry on for more once we had completed our round and hit the practice ground, well you just had too, that turf was such a pleasure to play off. Jack mentioned it may just be one of his favourite designs. If you don't agree, tie yourself to a giant boulder and jump into the middle of Lake Taupo for there is no pleasing you. The best course I have played in New Zealand, and that's now all except for Tara Iti!!

Date: January 15, 2019