Review for La Cala (Asia)

Playing the Asia course is an enjoyable experience. Bit of a strange start though with an uphill par-5 that is SI-1 (and a pretty comfortable par 5 to be honest). The holes on the front nine turn left, right, go up and down-hill and fly by – and I have to say I enjoyed them a lot. The 3rd is a really decent short par-4; blind drive to a landing area about 100 yards out with an approach over water. The back nine starts after a visit to a welcoming halfway hut with a well stocked fridge. Back 9 is similar to the early holes, with lots of elevation changes (great views from behind the 11th green). Best hole on this half, I think would be the short par-4 15th – doglegging left at about 250 yards – need to position the tee shot up the right side, otherwise the approach is blind. Watch your tee shot on the 18th too, as the fairway is split and any shot between 230 yards and 265 yards will be in trouble – either lay up or nail a big one. Overall experience was good – nice golf and off course atmosphere – great terrace for a spot of lunch. La Cala has a total of 60 holes to play, 42 left for me to play … and I think I will.

Date: November 24, 2008

Read all reviews about La Cala (Asia)