Review for La Finca

My second round at La Finca and my words from the review below from 2017 are still pretty much as I would write again now. What I would say in 2019, we have a much better-looking course now. There have been some serious bunker upgrades and in places much better than what is commonly seen on resort courses. An example of this is seen on the first par-3 at the 3rd tee – there are three bunkers protecting at the front that are so pleasing on the eye and expertly manicured. The next hole; the uphill par-4th also has brilliant sand traps at the green.

I have said it so many times that course need to deliver a big 17th hole – well La Finca does it in style – a par-4 over water (280 yards) but plot your way around the lake on the right-side is the sensible route.

I liked La Finca in the summer of 2017 but I like even more now as there has been an obvious move to make things better. Bunkering improved all around, greens have matured too and there has been some serious effort to present the course in a classy way. Plenty of strong cosmetic upgrades also; GPS in the buggies, quality rental clubs, much improved practice facilities and a new clubhouse restaurant just around the corner.

Date: August 27, 2019