Review for Real La Manga Club (West)

First and foremost, I am fan of the La Manga Club and visit annually and the West is my favourite of the three courses. Right now though there are plenty of issues with the golf offering at the resort and with some things that I highlighted at least eight years ago still being an issue now. The West this August was in the worst condition that I have ever experienced – design still great that is why this remains a 4-ball ranking (my previous is a 5-ball). The issues I think are related to ownership changes and the need to invest in the courses. The problems may seem a little cosmetic but they are leaving a bad taste during golf; the buggy paths are in a seriously bad state and without being too dramatic are very dangerous in places and not what I want to see on one of Europe’s first and most prestigious golf resorts. These seems to be a lack of care from the green-keeping team too, with no priority in presenting the courses in a way that should be a minimum. New owners; Hesperia are in place at LMC now and they have to act quickly in my opinion. Ending on a positive, the tee shot on the 18th on the West remains a very special place indeed – high above the full resort, this is a great par-4 to end the round on.

Date: August 28, 2019

Read all reviews about Real La Manga Club (West)