Review for Real La Manga Club (West)

This was the first of the 3 courses we played during our stay in Mid July. I scored better on the West than any other - 39 points and might have done better had our buggy not broke down on the back nine forcing us to walk half the round in 90 degree heat.As other reviewers have said it is completely different to the other 2 courses - I have never hit as many 5 woods in 1 round and probably only pulled the driver 3 times - one of which resulted in a lost ball on the 9th.I agree the course makes you think, but unless you have played it quite a few times it is quite difficult to work out how far away the trouble is. Many holes are picturesque and if you were having a bad day off the tee you would have a few blobs on your card.Greens lovely, bunkers poor (pull the weeds out!). Very pleasant golf course but like all the LaManga courses very overpriced. We teed off at 3pm on a Sunday and saw no more than handful of groups on the course - more realistic pricing might attract a few more gofers.

Date: July 25, 2010

Read all reviews about Real La Manga Club (West)