Review for Ladybank

I´ve been playing Ladybanks twice. First time on my first visit to Scotland (for golf) in 2006 and the second time last summer during the Open. I must say it surprises me that Ladybanks has slipped through the rankings and is now outside the top 100. Perhaps it´s should not be compared to the great links-courses that sits above it in the ranks. But for me it should beat Dukes any day of the week. Last summer on the morning of the last day of the Open me and my son played and I found it to be the same as it was almost 10 years earlier. A very very good - what you see is what you get - heathland course with holes that mostly runs by themselves (even if its a small amount of land) and just feels pleasant to play. For me it´s the opposite to Dukes and in a good way. A perfect members course and a lovely way to spend a few hours on. We played it in around 3 hours without any rush. It was in great shape and the greens were the best I played all last year. I can agree that the holes are not super-memorable but that´s ok because there not one bad golf hole on the course and that's rare. Played Leven on the same trip and I would put Ladybank ahead of that as well - even if it´s not fair to compare 2 such diffent courses. So do it right and put Ladybank back in the top 100. It belongs there as an example of that a course does not need to have great view or billion dollar investments to be a good course. For everyone who loves to play a great course without the rush and hype of Carnoustie or Old Course, perhaps as a day off the links in high winds or just to take a breather. Go here - you won´t be disappointed.

Date: July 12, 2016