Review for Ladybank

Given all the reviews on this website and its 8th place in the Fife ranking, we went with high expectations to this inland golf venue in Fife.

I felt a bit underwhelmed when arriving at Ladybank, but maybe I did not realise I was not at a venue set-up to accommodate the majority of golfers visiting Fife, but at a typical members course, set-up just to service its members and the occasional visitor.

The calm & peace that this venue radiates, took some time to sink in. It lasted a few holes before I thoroughly enjoy the surroundings and the tranquillity of this venue. It offers the ideal setting for playing a relaxing round of golf. And despite my mediocre score, I had a very satisfied feeling when we left the last green.

The course offers a nice collection of holes that charmingly meander through the pines. The design is fairly mature, not overly difficult or spectacular, but very well maintained. I found the green complexes very good in design: a challenge to approach and I enjoyed to subtle breaks of the putting surfaces.

So if you are looking for a golf course offering all the bells and whistles of a spectacular round of golf, maybe Ladybank does not meet all your expectations.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a charming & tranquil golf test at a welcoming members club, Ladybank will not disappoint.

OCB