Review for Lake Victoria Serena

I remember the first time I drove past the Serena golf course on Lake Victoria, seeing its 9 hole manicured fairways and thinking what a joy it would be to play. Fast-forward Lake Victoria Serena Golf Course - Photo by reviewer 12 months and with the additional 9 holes now open, I was certainly not disappointed. Water on all 18 holes, narrow fairways, tough protected greens, ball eating rough and a high elevation all combine to make this a memorable golfing experience. The first dog leg right holes provides the starting block for a very tough opening set of holes. Despite having an excellent caddy guiding me around, a slight draw or push could easily see your ball disappear completely into the rough or the water which appears to be lurking everywhere. For me it was the par 5, 8th hole where the course came into its real element. A slightly more generous Lake Victoria Serena Golf Course - Photo by reviewer fairway allows 3 good strategic shots to a small green. From here the course opens up and whilst the water appears everywhere the back 9, the run in from 14 are an absolute joy to play. This course will increase in stature over time as it beds down and I can’t wait to get back there to play again.

Date: February 24, 2019