Lannalodge - Sweden

Sweden

• Anna-Karin Larsson

• R. Sundblom, A.Berglund, Nils Sköld

• Mikael Karlsson

Rafael Sundblom designed the original 9 holes at Orebro Golf Club (now known as Lannalodge Golf Resort) in 1939 and Alfred Berglund expanded the course to a full 18-hole layout in 1962. Nils Sköld made further modifications and many of the greens have been improved in recent times.

A classic Swedish wooded parkland course laid out on slightly hill terrain, Lannalodge demands accuracy around the course as many of its slightly doglegged, tree-lined fairways are tight in places, especially on the front nine. The par three 3rd is regarded as one of the best short holes in the country.

Other feature holes include the short par four 5th, long par three 13th and 455-metre 14th, which is the only par five on the back nine. Don’t anticipate an easy run for home here either as the course concludes with testing par fours at holes 16, 17 and 18.

Reviews for Lannalodge

Description: Rafael Sundblom designed the original 9 holes at Orebro Golf Club (now known as Lannalodge Golf Resort)in 1939 and A.Berlund expanded the course to a full 18-hole layout in 1962. Rating: 7 out of 10 Reviews: 2
Lars Petter Stensrud

The first day of our annual golf trip to Sweden, we had the pleasure of playing the golf course at Lannalodge outside Örebro. I've passed Lannalodge many times on the road between Oslo and Stockholm and thought that this looks like a course I have to play. In recent years, there has been a new motorway passing outside of Lannalodge so I have passed without stopping to play the course. Luckily, my friends had put Lannalodge on the program this year, so I could finally play a course I had thought of playing many times without stopping by.

We were warmly greeted by the staff in the reception providing us all we needed for a nice day on the golf course. Lannalodge has good practice areas although the golf balls on the driving range were not of the best quality (low comp).

The course was very interesting with very well designed golf holes. The first hole is a short par 4 that gives you the opportunity to get a good start of your round of golf. The highlight of the round came on the 3rd, a stunning par 3. The course is a typical park course where trees separate the holes. All the trees makes it important to place your tee shots and layups in the right positions to ensure you opens up for an easier shot into the green. I experienced that the greens had many almost invisible breaks that made it necessary to spend some extra time finding the best line for your putt. An 18-hole round at Lannalodge was a very good experience and I will definitely stop by later to play the course again. Next time, I probably will play later of the year to ensure that the course will be in perfect shape.

Lars Petter Stensrud, Oslo, Norway

May 20, 2019
Lannalodge

Raymond Baker

Lanna lodge is currently ranked as Swedens 13th best golf course and the course is really good. It is a flat park course and has some water. The course and restaurant are really good and up to date. The best spot at this golf resort is in my opinion in the spa after a round or two. The on site pizzeria is good and restaurant is also good. The best holes are holes 2,3,10,18 all for Diferant reasons but they all bring something extra to the table. I have heard from many that they find that this course plays long but for a 20 hcp there wil be no problems. The course is not that scenic but it is all about golf. And this course always delivers when it is open. I have played in excess of 500 rounds here and delivers every time. They are currently rebuilding holes 1 and 18 and hopefully this will give an even better experience. I would recommend playing the course from June to September.

February 24, 2017