Review for Las Ramblas

During my recent visit to the Alicante/Murcia area I played eight courses and the most improved by someway was Las Ramblas. Anyone that knows Ramblas will be aware that this has serious elevation changes, twists and turns and has a premium on so many shots, the front nine especially. You really have to be accurate and play with this land rather than fight it. Over the years, I have now returned to play six times and this is the best that I have ever seen the course. This time I Las Ramblas Golf Course - Photo by reviewer
started on the back nine and as early as the 11th tee where I looked down the rolling fairway, I knew that a strong presentation upgrade had taken place. Beautifully lush with definitions between fairway, 1st cut and the rough very clear indeed. My words below in the June 2017 review are still valid but now with the addition of course condition that many private members clubs would be envious of plus the very best putting surfaces of all of the eights courses in the area I played this August.

I have always been a fan of the dramatic style of courses and when I saw the major face-lift in conditioning during this time it was a real treat. It seems that all who are involved in managing and green-keeping the course just have quality on their mind; seen in a big way with areas that have been roped off to allow the heavy traffic to be diverted to allow for regular recovery – a simple but so effective way to keep the course looking really smart.

Date: August 23, 2019