Review for Las Vegas Paiute (The Wolf)

I remember when I first found out about Las Vegas Paiute, it was the first time I learned about the legendary course designer Pete Dye. Learning about him, it put The Wolf course on my bucket list, which I chose to save for my College graduation. It’s also that he built these courses for the Las Vegas Paiute Tribe, giving the Native American Tribe a good source of income and kudos to them for allowing Pete Dye to do what he does best. As for if it lived up to my expectations…

The course is overall an amazing desert course design, with many wide-open fairways, some big waste areas, and the occasional water. There aren’t any overwhelmingly memorable holes (except for the obvious, see notable hole), it’s just solid golf design from one of Golf’s best architects. And the back tees will allow the pros to get a good challenge, but I wouldn’t call it a particularly brutal design, though that might have been because I played very well when I visited.

Notable Hole:

-15th: If this weren’t a Pete Dye design, they would be getting sued for plagiarism for this hole. Yes, it’s an almost exact re-creation of his famed TPC Sawgrass 17th hole. Much like that hole, your shot must be perfect to get on, otherwise a par will slip from your grasp.

I wouldn’t call The Wolf Course a must-play for Vegas golf tourists, just because faces some extremely stiff competition. But for Dye enthusiasts or those looking to Experience the knock-off TPC 17th at a fraction of the genuine article’s price, you won’t be disappointed. For those who frequent Vegas, it’s a worthy addition to the bucket list of courses to play.

Date: June 27, 2021

Read all reviews about Las Vegas Paiute (The Wolf)